five rivers Summary
The name Five Rivers refers to the life-giving rivers of the Central Coast — the San Benito, Salinas, Santa Maria, Santa Ynez and the Sisquoc Rivers.
The Five Rivers appellation collection recently underwent a makeover that includes a new winemaker and now showcases barrel-aged wines with strong regional identification.
- Brand make-over with new winemaker crafting wines with regional identification.
- Barrel aged wines with distinct concentration and complexity.
- Central Coast refreshing style, with acidity that is natural, not added.
- Dedicated winemaker Ken Green, with Fetzer’s Central Coast operations since 2007, and with prior experience handling Sterling Vintners, Tessera, BV Coastal and Blossom Hill.
- Each wine comes from a carefully chosen area known for producing the best examples of that varietal.
- Central Coast wines are competitively priced.
- Clean, bright label featuring an azure blue, gently meandering river.
- Investment in and revitalization of production and winemaking standards.
- Under management of Concha y Toro, known for nurturing talented winemakers.
- Consumers feel at home with California wines; California wines are familiar and always “right”.
- Trending now: wines that are “pure”, “bright, fresh fruit”.
- Barrel-aged for quality: vanilla oak notes still catnip for consumers!
- High natural acidity imparted by cool-climate growing region makes Five Rivers wines perfect for food-pairing.
- Unparalleled quality that only comes from
- Consumers looking to trade up to their first
“site-expressive wine” experience:
- Cab Sauvignon: Paso RoblesAVA –black fruit and sagebrush.
- Chardonnay: Santa Barbara AVA – chiffon-lime pie & tropical fruit.
- Merlot: Monterey AVA –blueberry plum tea & pomegranate.
- Pinot Noir: Santa Barbara AVA – cherry and jasmine.
- Still offering unbeatable quality to price ratios.
- Central Coast wines are trending right now.
- Packaging with a simple, appealing story that is both “artsy” and “wine-geeky”.
Five Rivers Cabernet Sauvignon: Deep red in color, the Five Rivers Cabernet Sauvignon leads with aromas of black cherry and herbal sagebrush, with a nice hint of toasty oak. In the mouth, rich, velvety tannins and black fruit flavors are complemented by notes of fine grained oak.
Five Rivers Chardonnay: Bright golden yellow in color, the Five Rivers Chardonnay leads with classic varietal fruit aromas of apple, pear, ginger and lemon blossom, followed by subtle vanilla notes. In the glass, a bright acidity is broadened by lemon custard and honey flavors.
Five Rivers Merlot: Deep garnet in color, the Five Rivers Merlot leads with aromas of plum, blueberry and tea, accented by touches of cinnamon and vanilla. In the glass, you will find pleasantly smooth tannins with bright pomegranate and red fruit flavors.
Five Rivers Pinot Noir: Brilliant, cherry red in color, the Five Rivers Pinot Noir leads with racy aromas of morello cherry a touch of star jasmine and nice spicy undertones. In the mouth you will find a pleasing bright acidity, silky tannins and expressive berry flavors.
Print This Page