Carmín de Peumo
Carmín de Peumo, which is produced only in exceptional harvests, makes a powerful argument on behalf of the world-class potential of Chilean Carmenere.
Carmín de Peumo is sourced from specific blocks of 25-year-old Carmenere vines in the Peumo district of Chile’s Cachapoal Valley, between the wine regions of Maipo and Colchagua. Location is critical for production of top quality Carmenere, a thin-skinned grape variety sensitive to extreme heat, but which nevertheless requires an extended growing season in order for fruit to reach optimal ripeness. Warmer than Maipo in the daytime and cooler than Colchagua all round, Peumo is considered the cradle of Chile’s finest Carmenere.
- Very limited production; made only in the finest vintages.
- From a single block of 25-year-old Carmenere vines in the Peumo district of Chile’s Rapel Valley, between Maipo and Colchagua.
- The cradle of Chile’s finest Carmenere, Peumo is warmer than Maipo in daytime and cooler than Colchagua all round.
- Ideal location for top quality Carmenere, a thinskinned variety sensitive to heat, yet requiring an extended growing season in order for fruit to reach optimal ripeness.
- Carmín de Peumo Carmenere is rounded out by small amounts of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Aged in 100% new oak barrels. Barrel aging varies from 15 to 20 months, depending on vintage.
- Made by Ignacio Recabarren, the senior statesmen of modern-day Chilean winemaking. Named Winemaker of the Decade by Guía de Vinos de Chile in 2002.
- A relentless perfectionist, Recabarren has made it his life’s work to prove that Chile can produce outstanding wines able to stand alongside the best the world has to offer.
- Incontestably Chile’s finest Carmenere.
- A powerful argument on behalf of the worldclass potential of Chilean Carmenere.
- Recognized with numerous accolades from top wine critics worldwide since release of the debut 2003 vintage.
- Chile is universally recognized as home to the world’s finest Carmenere.
- Extraordinary in youth, this is also a wine that will reward extensive aging in the cellar.
Carmín de Peumo: Carmín de Peumo is a dark and deep red with violet nuances. Elegant and complex with layers of blueberry, cassis, cigar box, and graphite. Full yet soft with fine tannins. Hints of graphite loam, mineral, and dark chocolate fill the palate. Carmín de Peumo Carmenere pairs excellently with game, lamb, and beef with spicy sauces and robust cheese.
Print This Page