Trivento Reserve Summary
Each of Trivento’s premium tier Reserve wines represents an outstanding example of its individual variety. Trivento’s Reserve line comprises four reds: a Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Sauvignon-Malbec, Malbec and a Pinot Noir, plus two white wines: a Chardonnay and a Torrontés.
Grapes for all five varietals are harvested from vineyards within the Trivento estate, with small quantities of additional fruit purchased from growers under long-term contracts. Harvest is conducted partially by hand and partly by machine. Each Reserve wine, with the exception of the Torrontés, is aged approximately six months in tank, followed by a further six months in bottle, prior to release.
Collectively Trivento’s Reserve wines offer wine lovers a superb overall introduction to the wines of Mendoza.
- Mendoza, Argentina designation.
- Grapes are harvested from vineyards in the sub-regions of the Uco Valley, Maipú, Lujan de Cuyo, San Martin and Rivadavia districts.
- With 3,185 acres under vine, Trivento is one of the largest wine estates in Mendoza.
- High-altitude viticulture means big differences between day and night temperatures and helps minimize risk of pests and disease.
- Vineyards receive barely 8 inches of rain.
- Named for the 3 seasonal winds which control sap flow:
- Polar: Icy and dry from the South, trumpeting the arrival of winter and time to prune.
- Zonda: Hot and dry from the West, signals the outset of spring as the vines awaken
- Sudestada: Cooling humidity bring the grape clusters some relief at the height of the summer.
- A full line of varietals offering Argentina’s two famous calling cards—Malbec and Torrontés—as well as Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Syrah.
- The high-quality wines are made by Maximiliano Ortíz, a Mendoza native, in consultation with the internationally famed Italian consulting enologist, Alberto Antonini.
- Argentina continues to be a hot category in the US market.
- A must-have on every wine list or store shelf.
- Great values, combining lower winemaking costs with a 400 year winemaking history and new first world technology and expertise.
- Mendoza is Argentina’s best-known wine region, by far, with a diversity of terroirs, many different grape varieties can grow there successfully.
- A price-point that works for both on- and off-premise accounts, including chains.
- Suitable for by-the-glass and by-the-bottle programs.
- Dependable availability.
- Trivento Reserve regularly feature in Best Value, Smart Buy, Wine of the Week selections.
- Top wine magazines consistently rate Trivento Reserve Malbec in the high 80’s—outscoring all competitively priced Malbec brands.
Trivento Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon: Deep garnet red in color with delicious notes of red berries, fresh mint and aromatic herbs. Powerful and full-bodied, rounded tannins and a lingering finish.
Trivento Reserve Cabernet-Malbec: Deep ruby red in color, with powerful plum and red fruit aromas upfront which combine harmoniously with hints of vanilla from the oak aging. Well-structured on the palate, with fleshy tannins and a pleasant, persistent finish.
Trivento Reserve Chardonnay: Golden yellow in color with expressive aromas of banana, melon, pineapple and hints of vanilla from the oak. Fresh, yet unrelenting with a delicate aftertaste.
Trivento Reserve Malbec: Deep red and violet in color, with powerful aromas of ripe red fruits, strawberries and cherries, with hints of coffee and chocolate from the oak. Good body and fleshy tannins with a long, lingering finish.
Trivento Reserve Pinot Noir: An intense and bright ruby red in color. The bouquet is fruit filled with aromas of plums, cherries and light floral notes. The palate is medium-bodied with red fruit flavors and hints of oak, framed by round, velvety and persistent tannins.
Trivento Reserve Syrah: Bright intense red in color with black tinges. Aromas of ripe red fruits and hints of walnuts and black pepper combine with chocolate and tobacco notes from the oak. Harmonious and structured tannins with a long, delicious finish.
Trivento Reserve Torrontés: Bright golden yellow in color with greenish reflections. An alluring bouquet with floral notes of roses and violets and hints of citrus. On the palate, the wine is crisp and well structured, offering flavors of delicate tropical fruit and citrus.